The Alhambra Elementary School District was organized on August 6, 1888. Our first school was a one-room brick building on Shady Lane, now known as 33rd Avenue, between Grand Avenue and Indian School Road. Today, the Alhambra Elementary School District is no longer a small school on the west side of Phoenix. We now have 17 elementary schools, a preschool and a family resource center serving over 10,000 students in preschool through eighth grades. We are proud of our history and strive to maintain our excellent educational traditions.
Our Vision: Educating the Whole Child
Our Mission: Alhambra Elementary School District will enrich the life of the whole child in collaboration with families and the greater community. We will promote a social and global consciousness that encompasses a profound respect for all humanity.
History of Alhambra
The Alhambra Elementary School District was organized on August 6, 1888.